Church of England Diocese of Leicester St. Andrew, Carlton

About Us

Although the parish registers go back to 1574 the original church building burnt down and a new church with a square tower and pinnacles was built in 1764. The new church was dedicated to St Michael. It is partly built of stone and partly of brick. In 1867 the church building was Gothicised and the dedication was changed from St Michael to St Andrew. The windows were altered and tower with its distinctive saddleback roof was added. The clock was presented to the village in 1937 by the Rectors daughter, who raised the money herself by selling needlework door to door. Carlton ladies needlework tradition continues today with the millennium wall hangings inside the church. These depict the houses in the heart of the village at the beginning of the new millennium.</div>

We are part of the Bosworth Benefice, comprising:

St Peter's, Market Bosworth 

All Saints, Cadeby 

St Andrew's, Carlton 

St Mary the Virgin, Congerstone 

All Saints, Nailstone 

St Peter's, Shackerstone 

St James, Sutton Cheney