We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
A grand mostly C13th church with some earlier & later features stands in a churchyard which was once shared by 2 churches. S Andrews itself & S Marys.
No reason is known for the abandoment of S Marys but it is thought to have been around the time of the reformation. Or that it was too costly for a small parish to run 2 churches. Parts of S Marys foundation have from time to time been discovered by grave diggers.
The size & beauty of S Andrews is almost certainly due to its close connection with Walsingham Abbey, who held the Walsingham Priory Manor in Bedingham between 1318 and the dissulution of the monasteries when it reverted back to the Crown. The second manor in Bedingham was known as Bigods manor.
The imposing round tower is Norman with an octagonal top added later. The bell chamber holds 5 bells sadly no longer rung.
The Church interior is light and airey with Georgian box pews in the north and south aisles.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below