The Anglican Pro-Cathedral of St Paul is situated in Independence Square Built in the neo-classical
style, the spire is a Valletta landmark, rising to over 200 feet (60 metres).The exuberant
Corinthian columns and flags in the aisles, balance the austere exterior with its simple
Patronal Festival: The Shipwreck of St Paul.
Built on the spot where the Auberge d’Allemagne (the conventual home of the German Knights
Hospitaller) had stood. Queen Adelaide paid for the church and laid the foundation stone
on 20th March 1839.Queen Adelaide's Banner hangs majestically above the choir stalls.
The Dedication of the Church to St Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, was a reminder of the
first Christian missionary to Malta, when he was shipwrecked on the Island in AD 59/60