We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The Anglican Pro-Cathedral of St Paul is situated
in Independence Square Built in the neo-classical
style, the spire is a Valletta landmark, rising
to over 200 feet (60 metres).The exuberant
Corinthian columns and flags in the aisles,
balance the austere exterior with its simple
Patronal Festival: The Shipwreck of St Paul.
Built on the spot where the Auberge d’Allemagne
(the conventual home of the German Knights
Hospitaller) had stood. Queen Adelaide
paid for the church and laid the foundation stone
on 20th March 1839.Queen Adelaide's Banner hangs
majestically above the choir stalls.
The Dedication of the Church to St Paul, the
Apostle to the Gentiles, was a reminder of the
first Christian missionary to Malta, when he was
shipwrecked on the Island in AD 59/60
Open daily 09.00am to 13.30 pm as a quiet place
for prayer and contemplation.
A location map is to be found on The Anglican
Chaplaincy in Malta & Gozo web site.
Independence Square, West Street
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below