About the churchBuilt: 1862
Architect: W Smith
Listing: not listed
The original Church was constructed in 1862, in the Victorian Gothic style. Following war damage alterations and repairs were carried out in 1952. Accommodation comprises nave, north aisle, chancel, sanctuary, baptistry, clergy vestry, hall, toilets, store and narthex. There are also church halls located on the site.
The Church is constructed of load-bearing external walls rendered on many elevations, with stone dressings and tracery to windows, quoins to buttresses, copings, string courses, plinths and facing to the north transept. The building is covered with pitched roofs clad in natural slate with flat roofs above the vestries.