We the Parish Church Community of St Luke's Camberwell in Peckham take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously. If you have any concerns or queries about safeguarding at our Church please read on.
What to do if you are concerned about the wellbeing of a child, young person or vulnerable adult:
- Believe what they are saying, but do not promise confidentiality.
- Write down your concerns.
- Be factual.
- Write exactly what was said or observed.
- Date and sign it.
- Pass on your concerns to a member of our safeguarding team.
- Discuss your concerns in confidence if unsure with the people and contacts listed below.
If you have any concerns at all around safeguarding concerns children, young adults or vulnerable adults please following the information and contacts below.
To email our Parish Safeguarding Officers of Miranda or Sam please email: [email protected]
To speak to a member of our Clergy Team please email [email protected]
To speak to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team please phone 0203 637 2701 or if outside of office hours please call 07982 279713 or email [email protected]
If you need any further urgent assistance and support please consider using one of the specialist services below:
- Southwark Social Services for children ring 020 7525 1921 or if out of hours phone ask for the duty Social Worker on 020 7525 5000
- Southwark Social Services for adults with a physical or sensory disability and older people (65 years and above): [email protected] or phone 020 7525 3324
- Southwark Social Services for adults (aged 18 to 65) with a mental illness email [email protected] or phone 020 7525 0088
- Social Social Services for adults with a learning disability email [email protected] or phone 020 7525 2333
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
As a Parish we take safeguarding extremely seriously, and have a Parish Safeguarding Policy which can be accessed by members of the Church by visiting our Church Office.
Further information on the Diocesan Safeguarding Team:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton [email protected] 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
- Marie Daly [email protected] 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295
- Louise Vernon [email protected] 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
- For access to the Safeguarding Policy of the Diocese of Southwark, please see http://southwark.anglican.org/safeguarding/diocesan-policies-and-procedures.