Church of England Diocese of Southwark St. Peter, Clapham

About the church

Built: 1878 - 84
Architect: J E K & J P Cutts
Listing: grade 2

St Peter's Church, a brick building with slated roofs was originally almost rectangular in plan with the eastern end rising from the pavement in Clapham Manor Street. Within the rectangle is a chancel and aisled nave with a Lady Chapel north of the chancel and a sacristy and vestry to the south with a 3-manual "HUNTER" Organ organ above. The main entrance porch projects near the south west corner of the building in Prescott Place.   The choir vestry, a later addition, faces Clapham Manor Street and is linked by an entrance lobby to the north wall of the chapel.