We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Feering parish church stands in a traditional rural setting close to Feering Village Green and the local pub and has stood sentinel over the village for over 850 years. The church contains many fine features not least the glorious East window which glows jewel like and contains many scenes from Our Lord's Passion.
Although the porch and south front of All Saints, Feering was rebuilt in brick around 1500 AD the main body of the church dates back to 13th century when it must have replaced a Norman nave since the parish once belonged to Edward the Confessor.
The stone altar, which was built in 1961 by two parishioners, contains fragments from the ruins of Coggeshall Abbey, Walsingham Abbey and Colne Priory. In the niche over the porch door is a terra cotta bas-relief of Our Lady and the Holy Child designed by the sculptress Stella Ling in 1985.
The altar piece, a painting by John Constable showing the risen Christ was given to the church in 1965 but this has since be replaced by a copy, the original may now be seen in St Mary the Virgin, Dedham.
The church contains many beautiful carvings in both wood and stone.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below