About the churchBuilt: 1842 - 52
Architect: Benjamin Ferrey
Listing: grade 2
The form and appearance of the church are a model of Victorian architecture surmounted by an elegant spire atop a well-proportioned tower and the design based upon the 14th century church at Shottesbrook. It has been extended on two occasions, in 1952 with a choir vestry and in 1965 with a hall above a clergy vestry and office and choir vestry. The stained glass windows are attractive but not spectacular and the interior has a calm quality although simple. A restored pipe organ was installed in the north transept in 1990.
The church is constructed of brickwork with knapped flint facing and sandstone dressings. The hall and vestry extension again is brick-built with knapped flints and stone facing with a stone-faced pier supporting the external staircase.