The Parish of St Peter, Pembury, is proud to be one church with two buildings.
The Old Church dates back to around 1085, and much of it was rebuilt in 1337. Here we still use the historic Book of Common Prayer (1662) on the first and second Sundays of each month at 11.30 am, together with services from Common Worship (2000) on the other Sundays.
The Upper Church was built in 1847 in the heart of the village as it had expanded in the Georgian and Victorian eras. It was re-ordered in the early 1990s to provide improved facilities, including a kitchen and a toilet. Here the Sunday Morning Services at 9.30 am are generally Holy Communion (Common Worship) .