For over 800 years a church building has stood on the site of the present-day St. Lawrence, for in the Forest Roll of 1180 there is a mention of Richard, Clerk of Parva Wenlock. The list of incumbents of the parish stretches back to middle of the 13th century.
The building has a complicated history of alteration and extension, the spiritual needs of a growing village giving us a church of varying and interesting architectural design.
Today the parish church is not just an historic building, it is the home of a lively congregation.
St. Lawrence stands proud in the village as a sign and symbol of the presence of God’s love in our lives. The church is there all the time; it is there when it is wanted, it is there when our busy lives lead us sometimes to forget it.