We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
For over 800 years a church building has stood on the site of the present-day St. Lawrence, for in the Forest Roll of 1180 there is a mention of Richard, Clerk of Parva Wenlock. The list of incumbents of the parish stretches back to middle of the 13th century.
The building has a complicated history of alteration and extension, the spiritual needs of a growing village giving us a church of varying and interesting architectural design.
Today the parish church is not just an historic building, it is the home of a lively congregation.
St. Lawrence stands proud in the village as a sign and symbol of the presence of God’s love in our lives. The church is there all the time; it is there when it is wanted, it is there when our busy lives lead us sometimes to forget it.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below