Surrounded by a particularly gracious and traditional village. This is an outstanding church, with its glorious C15th tower, impressive C16th font (with Mouseman cover) Flemish baroque pulpit panels, antique pews and fine hatchments. Most famous, however, is the Pudsay tomb with its quaint effigies of husband, three wives and twenty-five offspring (1468) - and the unfinished fragment of dog-tooth carving over the south door. There are stained glass windows by Kempe and the East Window is by Hardman
Details of the services and events throughout the year can be found on the Calendar pages.
We are part of the Bowland Benefice which was newly created in 2019. The benefice covers three parishes:
St Ambrose, Grindleton for Grindleton and Sawley
Saint Peter And St Paul, Bolton By Bowland
and St Mary The Virgin, Gisburn.
We share the same Rector, Revd Mark Williams, who was installed in November 2019. Should you wish to know more about any of the churches in the Bowland Benefice, want to arrange a christening/baptism, a wedding or for any other enquiry please come to any Sunday service or contact the Rector directly on 01200 441152 or email: [email protected]