Church of England Diocese of Leeds St. Bartholomew Tosside

About Us

Originally the church, known as Houghton Chapel, was a Chapel-of Ease in the parish of Gisburn. A Parliamentary Survey of 1650 recommended that the "Chapel be made a Parish Church". It took 220 years but Houghton Chapel became St Bartholomew's Church, Tosside in 1870.

We are a small congregation but aspire to being warm and welcoming to all.