St Anne's established at the junction of Alvechurch Road and Lilley Lane in 1900, the ‘Mission Church’ was built in the Parish of King Norton to serve the hamlet of West Heath.
It was opened on December 1st by the Bishop of Worcester, in whose diocese the area was still situated. The Diocese of Birmingham was formed in 1905.
In the early 1920’s the wooden ‘village hall’ was built and it, along with the Mission Church, were used as a school until Turves Green was built.
In 1942 the church was renamed ‘St Anne’s Church’.