Church of England Diocese of Birmingham Baddesley Clinton

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

(01564) 784636

Getting here

The parish church of Baddesley Clinton, St Michael's, is close by the National trust property of Baddesly Clinton House.

The earliest record of a church here is dated 1305, but it is believed there was a church on or near this site two ,or possibly three centuries earlier. The quick tempered Lord of the Manor Nicholas Brome who built the tower as a penance is buried just outside the south door "within the parish church of St James in Baddesly Clinton, there as people may tread apon mee when they cone into the church..." The dedication has changed from St James to St Michael, possibly following 19th century restoration.

The rector of Lapworth is also the incumbent of Baddesly Clinton.
 

Off Hay Wood Lane, Baddesley Clinton
Baddesley Clinton
Birmingham
B93 0DG

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below