About the churchBuilt: 1856
Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott
Listing: grade 2
The church is sited within a large graveyard on the north side of Shirley Church Road. It comprises a nave with side aisles, a west tower, chancel, chapel, vestry and south porch. The church was built in 1856 to a design prepared by Gilbert Scott. The vestry was extended during the 20th century. The chapel is sited on the south side of the chancel and was built in 1955 and designed by Caroe and Partners. A detached hall built of brick, also designed by Caroe and Partners, is sited on the north side.