About the churchBuilt: 1894 - 95
Architect: G F Bodley
Listing: grade 2*
The church, designed with a continuous nave and chancel in the 'perpendicular' (late Gothic) style by Bodley, was built in 1894-95.
The construction is of stone, but the Tower planned for the south-west corner was never built. The interior is tall with slim Perpendicular columns and elegant detailing in stone. There is no clerestory.
G F Bodley (1827-1907) was a leading ecclesiastical architect of the period in the area. The stonework detail on the nave arcades is particularly interesting.