Church of England Diocese of Southwark St. Mark, South Norwood

About the church

Built: 1852
Architect: G H Lewis
Listing: grade 2

The church consists of the traditional nave, chancel, organ chamber in the north chancel aisle, south nave aisle, baptistry within a south transept at the west end and an unusually wide north aisle. There is a later flat roofed clergy vestry projecting below the baptistry transept. Pitched roofs are slated and somewhat complex in shape. Walls are faced externally in coursed ragstone with Bath stone dressings.