About the churchBuilt: 1898
Architect: E W Mountford
Listing: grade 2
In the architects' words the church was "designed in the late Gothic style adapted to modern needs and treated in a nineteenth manner". A high tower was designed for the north east corner where the toothed brickwork of the vestry was left but due to the cost it was never built.
The nave and chancel is one space without a division at the chancel arch with north and south aisles and twin octagonal turrets at the west end finished with lead flat roofs. The nave and vestry roofs are tiled and the aisle and north porch roofs are slated. The walls are brick with stone dressings to the door and window openings.
The seating capacity is variable to a maximum of about 500.