St. Clement's, Powderham is a beautiful old church on the Exe Estuary, adjacent to the grounds of Powderham Castle. Our liturgy is taken from the 1662 Prayer Book, our readings from the King James Bible. We are the only church in the Exeter Diocese which uses this traditional form of worship exclusively, and some members of the congregation travel from far afield to enjoy our services. Above all, though, we are a local church, and have long been the church of the Courtenay family, the Earls of Devon. The 18th Earl is currently a churchwarden, frequently reading the lesson on Sundays, and the 13th, 15th and 16th Earls respectively were all Rectors of Powderham.