We are a friendly Evangelical Anglican Parish Church close to the centre of Paignton.
Why not come along - we'd love to see you!
We welcome everyone to come and join with us as we seek to grow in faith and number and be a faithful and attractive witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Paignton.
The Bible is central to our services and our beliefs and includes a mixture of modern and traditional worship songs.
Our congregation reflects the local area with members of all ages.
Our main Sunday service is at 11.00 am. We also hold a simple lunchtime service each Wednesday at 12.00 midday, followed by coffee and fellowship.
The Church, consecrated 1888, is early English in style and contains a magnificent lectern in the shape of a brass eagle surmounting a block of rough-hewn Dartmoor granite. A proposed tower was never built but the foundations remain to the south elevation.
The Parish of Christ Church stretches from the sea with the Northern half of Paignton beach, including the pier, and a small part of Preston beach and reaches up nearly to the ring road. The Northern boundary is Manor Road, Coombe Road, Occombe Road, Occombe Valley Road. The North Western Boundary is Green Park Road. The Parish boundary returns to the sea via Marldon Road, Blatchcoombe Road, Cecil Road, Courtland Road, Polsham Park and Garfield Road.
The most famous building within the parish is Oldway Mansion, a large house and gardens built as a private residence for Isaac Merritt Singer (1811–1875), who had amassed a considerable fortune by dint of his improvements to the sewing machine, and rebuilt by his third son Paris Singer in the style of the Palace of Versailles.