Owthorpe Church dedicated in honour of St Margaret has stood on its present site since 1140. It has been rebuilt or added to over the years and is certainly much smaller today with only the north wall of the much larger church remaining.
St Margaret’s has many interesting features including a 3- decker pulpit with a Jacobean moulded canopy regularly used by our minister when preaching his sermon.
A font with its embattled edge dates from the 14th century and has seen many baptisms over the years. A painted screen and a single-handed clock dates bears the date 1705. The church also has a chalice and communion plate dating c 1576 donated by Colonel John Hutchinson, which is used regularly for worship at St Margaret's.
Money is needed to continue the preservation of this historic place of worship. Fundraising takes place on a regular basis and uses the collective strengths of the villagers building both the community sprit and the restoration fund.