St. Peter’s, Eype was consecrated in 1865 as a Chapel-at-Ease for its Mother Church, St. John the Baptist, Symondsbury. It is situated in a fine position on top of a hill overlooking the sea in a popular holiday area. Originally a fishing village, very little has changed over the years in Eype, and many visit it for its peace and serenity, away from the bustle of modern-day life. Walking is a popular pastime here.
The Eype Centre for the Arts has a non-exclusive licence to use the facilities for various arts events, such as art exhibitions, concerts, recordings, etc. The Chapel remains consecrated and holds regular services.