The Parish of Child Okeford with Manston has two church buildings: the Parish Church of St Nicholas in Child Okeford and a Chapel of Ease in Manston, also dedicated to St Nicholas. There has been a Christian presence in the communities of Child Okeford and Manston for over 750 years. Manston church dates from the 13th Century with a tower dated 1534.
The church is tucked away beside Manston House and surrounded by trees. There is a mausoleum next to the church built by a Captain Hanham, a previous owner of Manston house, in 1877 for his wife and mother-in-law, whilst he sought permission to build a crematorium in the garden. In 1882, Manston became the site of the first official cremation in the United Kingdom.
Mr. Keith Allen - 01258 860068
Mr. Simon Baird - 01258 860477
Mrs. R Allen - 01258 860068
For service times, news and information on outreach, life events and discipleship across the Benefice, please visit https://okefordbenefice.org/