Situated at the top of a hill, St Andrew’s church casts its benevolent shadow over the village, and is the undisputed focal point of the whole community.
Like many village churches St Andrew’s has seen many alterations over the years. The earliest records point to a church being consecrated in July 1302 and a list of Rectors going back to 1317. By the mid-19th century the Church was in such a state of dilapidation that a faculty was obtained and in 1866 the building was rebuilt to the Tudor ground plan. The Churchyard was enlarged in 1910 and the handsome lychgate was installed in 1912.
Currently the parish is on the process of planning a re-ordering of the church to give toilet and kitchen facilities and to improve the baptistery area.
The Church has strong links with the village school and welcomes the children and their parents twice a term for services. The church holds its Mothering Sunday service in the school and the Rector visits the school weekly.
Mrs. Sue Le Riche - 01258 861830
Mrs. Elizabeth Colls - 01258 860743
For service times, news and information on outreach, life events and discipleship across the Benefice, please visit https://okefordbenefice.org/