The dedication of All Saints' Church was lost as a result of the parish records being burnt in the Great Fire of Blandford in 1731 and more being destroyed in the Bristol Riots of 1829.
It is supposed that a church stood here in Saxon times and that it was replaced by the present building in the 12th century using materials from the original building. It has walls of heathstone rubble, partly rendered with ashlar dressings and a roof of tile and stone-slates.
The church stands on a slight rise beside the river Stour. Later research has shown that it is not aligned true east and west but points to where, prior to 1752, the sun would rise on All Saints' Day.
We take safeguarding seriously. Read about creating a safe church on our dedicated safeguarding page.