Church of England Diocese of Salisbury West Parley

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01202 987915

Getting here

Website   www.stmarks-allsaints-westparley.org. uk 

Church Services

8.00 am Holy Communion BCP
All Saints 1st & 3rd Sundays 

8.00 am Holy Communion BCP
St Mark's 2nd, 4th & 5th Sundays

9.45 am All-Age Eucharist
St Mark's 1st Sunday

9.45 am Sung Eucharist & Stepping Stones
St Mark's 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Sundays

6.00 pm Evensong BCP
All Saints  2nd & 4th Sundays

10.00 am Holy Communion
St Mark's Wednesdays

9.00 am  Morning Prayer    
St Mark's Fridays

Car Parking is provided in the car park in front of St Marks. 
If on arrival, it appears full, please pop into the Church when a Sidesperson or Churchwarden will be pleased to assist.

ALL SAINTS HISTORY

The dedication of All Saints Church was lost as a result of the parish records being burnt in the Great Fire of Blandford in 1731 and more being destroyed in the Bristol Riots of 1829. It is supposed that a church stood here in Saxon times and that it was replaced by the present building in the 12th century using materials from the original building. It has walls of heathstone rubble, partly rendered with ashlar dressings and a roof of tile and stone-slates. The church stands on a slight rise beside the river Stour. Later research has shown that it is not aligned true east and west but points to where, prior to 1752, the sun would rise on All Saints Day.

The nave is 12th century with the chancel probably dating from the 14th century. Late in the 15th or early in the 16th century the north porch was added and the nave was reroofed. Later in the 16th century the west wall was rebuilt and the western part of the roof was altered to allow the construction of a wooden bell turret. The present turret dates from the late 19th century. It was damaged by storms in 1984 when the wood was replaced with plastic cladding and the bell mountings repaired. In 1896 the north vestry was added and the chancel extended, the original east window being reset. The Porch was restored in 1900.

Church Lane
West Parley
Ferndown
BH228TR

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below