We take safeguarding seriously
Here are six reminders of how we can make our church a safe church, building safe and healthy cultures for everyone.
1. Promote a safer environment and culture
2. Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church
3. Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
4. Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
5. Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
6. Respond to those that may pose a present risk to others
What to do if you have any concerns
The parish of West Parley: St Mark's is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer, (PSO), Victor Paget (tel: 01202 871620). The Diocese of Salisbury’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisors (DSA), Suzy Futcher and Gem Carter, who advise our PSO.
If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact either Victor Paget or the DSAs (email: [email protected]). If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.