Video: With the weekly bible message. A new one is available every weekend right here. Archived videos are below.
[email protected]: We are live at St Andrew's on Sunday mornings 9 - 9.40am. Bring a flask of coffee/tea and we'll provide you with a pastry. Social distancing, hand sanitation, masks, humming songs and a one way system are part of the new experience in church. We look at the same material in a different way.
[email protected]: A Zoom chat at 7pm on Sunday evenings brings our whole community together. We will follow discussion questions to help reflect on this week's presentations.
9.00am LIVE in church + ONLINE video (anytime)
7.00pm ZoomChat via the newssheet link or here.
For 8 weeks we will be reading through Paul's letter to the Philippians and using a purchased resource for the videos.
Autumn in Philippians (Discipleship Explored) - All Materials Here
20/9 - Confident in Christ - Philippians 1:1-10 - video - discussion - handout
27/9 - Living in Christ (Courageous) - Philippians 1:12-26 - video - discussion - handout
04/10 - One in Christ (United) - Philippians 1:27-2:11 - video - discussion - handout
11/10 - Obedient in Christ (Shining) - Philippians 2:12-30 - video - discussion - handout
18/10 - Righteous in Christ - Philippians 3:1-9 - video - video discussion - robin - discussion2 - handout
25/10 - Transformed in Christ - Philippians 3:10-21 - video - discussion - handout
1/11 - Rejoicing in Christ - Philippians 4:1-9 - video - discussion
8/11 - Content in Christ - Philippians 4:10-23 - video - discussion
Past services can be accessed at our You Tube Channel
Please be assured that we are taking your welfare seriously and have thought very carefully about how we can meet together safely at this time.
· Places of worship are exempt from the 'rule of six' however we are not permitted to mingle in groups of more than six unless they are from the same household or support bubble.
· Do not attend if you have any Corona Virus symptoms or have been in contact with someone with symptoms or have been advised to isolate.
· Wear a mask unless you have a specific exemption
· Remain 2m from other worshippers
· We are unable to sing as part of our worship but we do hum!
· The building will have been aired, so may be cooler than usual.
· The Government has said that unless you are in a group of people who have a specific exemption, face coverings must be worn at a place worship. Please ensure your face covering covers your nose and mouth and it put on before you enter the building.
· As some people are exempt from wearing a face covering we will continue to operate a 2m social distancing rule.
· The welcomers are there to offer you any assistance you might need and for your safety. Please stay 2m away from them, follow their directions and give them a smile even if they are stating the blindingly obvious.
· Please do not attend if you have a high temperature; a new persistent cough; changes in your sense of smell or taste; if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or displaying the symptoms; or you have been advised to isolate by a Test and Trace operator.
· When you arrive please wait outside in the porch until the access is clear.
· It is now law for us to keep a register of those attending the service in order that we can contact people should a person attending the service subsequently test positive for Covid-19. A member of the team may ask for your name and a contact number. We will only keep these details for 3 weeks then they will be destroyed. You may also use the NHS Test & Trace app.
· A welcomer will ask you to put on your face covering and sanitise your hands before you enter the building. Hand sanitiser will be available or you may use your own. We are unable to offer facilities to wash your hands with soap and water before you enter the building.
· Once you are invited to enter the church you will be shown to you your seats. Please do not stop to talk with other people on the way to your seat.
· Once you have been seated, please feel free to talk with those seated near to you if you wish however we ask that you remain in your seat and not move around the building to socialise. Masks may be removed to consume food or drink.
· A service sheet will be on your seat. At the end of the service we ask you to take this away as well as any other papers you have picked up or handled. Please remove your plates also, a bin is available at the exit.
· All the main doors will remain open during the service so you might need an extra layer of clothing.
· The toilet will be open. Please note that it will not be cleaned after each person has used it. Please use hand sanitizers.
· We will not be able to serve drinks so please bring a bottle of water or flask of hot drink with you.
· Unfortunately, we have been advised not to allow congregational singing as there is some evidence that this may spread the virus over a larger distance. We will have to wait a little longer to lift our voices in worship. We can hum though.
· The Service Leader will give any necessary directions during the service so please take note of this instruction.
· Once the service has ended please leave the building straight away using the side entrance by following the one way system. Hand sanitiser will be available for your use as you leave.
· Please do not congregate directly outside the church doors to talk to others as it will prevent people from safely leaving the building.
· The Government guidance is that when attending a public gathering you should only socialise with those that you have come with. We know that this will be one of the hardest guidelines to follow. However, please remember that we want to do all that we can to show love to our church family and keep each other safe. In the garden please maintain social distancing.
· We are holding two services in the church. A thorough clean takes place between them and we are sitting in different pews. Before the next services the building will be closed for 72 hours or thoroughly cleaned.