Gravesend: Holy Family
We aim to adhere fully to National and Diocesan safeguarding policies and procedures: for details of these please go to http://www.rochester.anglican.org/resources/safeguarding/guidance-safeguarding/. If you have a concern please contact Miss Elizabeth Stevens on 01474 351588. Or you could ring Mr Greg Barry the Diocesan safeguarding officer on 01634 560000. Childline's number is 0800 1111.
Please direct any enquiries about baptisms, funerals, weddings, reading of banns, or interments of ashes to our Priest-in-Charge Rev Ted Hurst, on 01474 822239, or email [email protected] .
If Rev. Ted is not available please contact Mr Bill Sales or Mrs Pauline Sales (Churchwardens) at [email protected]
OUR CHURCH RE-OPENED FOR PUBLIC WORSHIP ON SUNDAY 21st March 2021, 11:30am.
There will also be a said Holy Communion service each Thursday at 9.00am.
• We have completed a Risk Assessment and only 26 "units" (individuals or couples) can be accommodated.
As you know face coverings are now in Church, unless you are exempt.
Holy Communion will be celebrated and the consecrated bread distributed to people in their seats.
No singing or passing the Peace is permitted.
Children may attend but must sit with their responsible adult at all times. Any toys/books/drawing for the child must be brought by their adult and taken away afterwards.
• Hand sanitiser will be available but if you have your own please bring it.
• Please follow the guidance of the notices and stewards. Please use the “one-way” system.
• Tea and coffee will not be served. Toilet facilities will be available but the less people use them the less often we’ll have to clean them……………….
There will be those who can’t or would rather not come to the church to worship. That’s fine!. Especially if you have been shielding or are over 70 you may feel safer not to come. If you do come we think we have done everything possible to prevent infection but no system is 100% risk free.
So, everyone will be welcome to attend but please work with us to keep everyone safe, even if some of the rules seem irksome!
Please keep praying, especially for God's mercy and healing, for the most vulnerable, for those who have returned to work, those who are furloughed and wondering what will happen after October, and the homeless.
• You can keep up your spiritual life by using the CofE daily Prayer app
* If you would like us to email you a weekly message and noticesheet including Collect, readings and a short reflection please email us at [email protected] or via the contact facility on this site
• or you can listen to services on the Radio: choral evensong every Sunday 3pm and Wednesdays 3.30pm (Radio 3), Sunday worship 8.10am and daily service 9.45am (Radio 4)
<span style="font-size: 1rem;">We are proud to have achieved the ARocha Eco Church Bronze Award status. For more details of their vital work please go to their website https://ecochurch.arocha.org.uk/ </span>
We'd love to welcome you! We are a mixed bag of local folk, young and old, male and female, mostly hard up, some with health issues, from various backgrounds - but getting along together as we explore living within the love of God. We enjoy our worship, even when the sound system plays up, and we put our limited resources (money and people-power) into helping our children, through our Friday Stars group, youth fellowship and confirmation preparation. We're not stuffy or fussy - we laugh a lot. God is good!
We try to put our faith into action by serving the local community, and we raise money for charity abroad and at home.
In normal times we are pleased to host the worship of our brothers and sisters from Redeemed Christian Church of God (Solution Ground) each Sunday 0900-1030, and from New Covenant Church each Sunday 13:30-15:30.