Related Churches within the area and contact information from external sources such as Crockfords can be found below.
Ifield: St Margaret
Rev Richard Martin's final service here was on 1st November.
Please now direct any enquiries about baptisms, funerals, weddings, reading of banns, or interments of ashes to our Reader, Mrs Carey Laughland, on 01474 561483, or email [email protected]
Please direct all other enquiries to Mrs Chris Benson, Churchwarden - [email protected]
We aim to adhere fully to National and Diocesan safeguarding policies and procedures: for details of these please go to http://www.rochester.anglican.org/resources/safeguarding/guidance-safeguarding/. If you have a concern please contact Mrs Carey Laughland on 01474 561483. Or you could ring Mr Greg Barry the Diocesan safeguarding officer on 01634 560000. Childline's number is 0800 1111. If someone is in immediate danger please phone 999.
FROM SUNDAY 10th JANUARY, under the third Covid-19 Lockdown, the Church will be open for Sunday Services, Funerals and Weddings -subject to the relevant restrictions.
These restrictions severely limit our capacity (as below), and also mean that no singing may take place.
We have completed a Risk Assessment and only 18 "units" (individuals or couples) can be accommodated under social distancing rules.
As you will know face coverings are now compulsory in shops, and they are also compulsory in Church, unless you are exempt.
• Hand sanitiser will be available but if you have your own please bring it.
• Please follow the guidance of the notices and stewards. Please use the “one-way” system, entering by the main door at the top of the path and leaving via the Vestry door on the north side of the Church.
• Please record your details on the attendance list in the porch or 'check in' using the NHS Covid-19 app and the QR code poster.
• Children may attend but must sit with their responsible adult at all times. Any toys/books/drawing for the child must be brought by their adult and taken away afterwards.
• Tea and coffee will not be served. Toilet facilities will be available but the less people use them the less often we’ll have to clean them……………….
There will be those who can’t or would rather not come to the church. That’s fine! Especially if you have been shielding or are over 70 you may feel it safer not to come. If you do come we think we have done as much as possible to prevent infection but no system is 100% risk free.
So, everyone will be welcome but please work with us to keep everyone safe, even if some of the rules seem irksome!
Please keep praying, especially for God's mercy and healing, for the most vulnerable, for those who have returned to work, those who are furloughed, those who have lost their jobs, and the homeless.
• You can keep up your spiritual life by using the CofE daily Prayer app
* If you would like a weekly noticesheet including Collect, readings and a short reflection please email us via the contact on this website
• or you can listen to services on the Radio: choral evensong every Sunday 3pm and Wednesdays 3.30pm (Radio 3), Sunday worship 8.10am and daily service 9.45am (Radio 4)
We are proud to have been awarded Eco Church Bronze award by A Rocha! For more details on their vital work go to https://ecochurch.arocha.org.uk/
We are a small friendly group of people, all local, who love to worship in this beautiful and ancient Church. We try to be welcoming and to get to know you if you're a visitor - everyone's story is so interesting. We don't do formality or stand on ceremony - when things go wrong (not infrequently!) we can laugh about it. God gives joy, doesn't He?
Crockfords contact details
If you've spotted any issues in the Crockfords data, please contact the church by selecting the following link.Report an Issue
If you've spotted any issues in the contact information, please contact the church by selecting the following link.Report an Issue
Most churches are “Excepted Charities” and are therefore not registered with the Charity Commission. You can download a PDF that includes your church name, address and church code. This PDF, which is an extract from the Church of England’s database of churches, can serve as a certificate for churches requiring proof of their charity status when registering for online and card-based giving. Click on the download button below and fill in the short form. You will then be emailed the certificate as a PDF.