'The Church of England is called to share the good news of God's salvation through Jesus Christ.  The life of our communities and institutions is integral to how we address this task.  The good news speaks of welcome for all, with particular regard for those who are most vulnerable, into a community where the value and dignity of every human being is affirmed and those in positions of responsibility and authority are truly trustworthy.  Being faithful to our call to share the gospel therefore compels us to take with the utmost seriousness the challenge of preventing abuse from happening and responding well where it has.'

From 'Promoting a Safer Church', The Church of England's Safeguarding Policy Statement

At Holy Trinity we take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously, if you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.

Church contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:

Lisa Nicholls                          Role: Parish safeguarding officer     Tel: 07795 965915

Val Aldrich                             Role: Churchwarden                           Tel: 01732 845731

Revd. Nicholas Williams      Role: Vicar                                            Tel: 01732 843 282

Rochester Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser

Mr Greg Barry  Tel: 01634 560 000  E-mail: [email protected]

Local Authority Social Services:

During the day and in office hours:

If you have concerns about an adult?

• Call 03000 41 61 61 (text relay 18001 03000 41 61 61) or email [email protected]

If you have concerns about a child?

• Call 03000 41 11 11 (text relay 18001 03000 41 11 11) or email [email protected]

Out of hours and in an emergency:

You can contact Kent County Council Social Services outside of normal office hours, for example during the night, by calling 03000 41 91 91.

If you think someone is in immediate risk or danger the best thing to do is to contact the police on 999.

A list of useful helplines can be found by following this link:

Our formal safeguarding statements can be found by following the link at the bottom of this page

LF_statement, PDF