All Saints Church, Church Lane, Filby is one of the larger churches in the new Flegg Churches Team Ministry. In 2012 it underwent a sympathetic major reordering project to install a new kitchen, vestry and toilets. Two rows of pews from the north and south aisles were removed to open up the space needed to embrace new forms of worship and better community use of the church, thus standing it is good stead for the future. The pew ends have been preserved in the building of the new vestry and cupboards and so the craftsmanship has been retained and is wonderfully displayed in this way for all to see.
A separate Charity has recently been set up to raise money to restore the bells in our tower to full circle ringing after a silence of nearly 100 years. When restoration is complete we shall have a peal of 6 bells with a beautiful ringing gallery open to the body of the church. This newly created space will enhance existing music and drama opportunities within our building as well as hosting our own and visiting teams of ringers. For further information please visit www.filbybells.website
The church dates from the 14th century (the first known rector was recorded in 1315). It has a medieval rood screen which dates from the 15th century and is said to be one of the best surviving in the area. The oldest item in the church is the font, made from Purbeck marble, which dates back to the 13th century.
Sunday services will normally be held at Filby on the second and fourth Sundays in the month at 11am and Holy Communion is celebrated at these services.
Responsibility for our parish lies with Rev Jo Wood, who was licensed in summer 2021. For all enquiries concerning services or the arranging of marriages, funerals, baptisms and pastoral visits please contact Revd Jo on 07399 539159 or email [email protected]