About Us

St Andrew's Church, Wellingham   

We are a small rural Norfolk Church, here to serve God & our community                 

There is no precise date for the founding of St Andrew's Church, but the experts believe that the nave was built by the Normans and the chancel was added in the 13th century.

The first firm date in St Andrew's history is 1304, when its first rector is recorded. Blomefield calls him William de Holm, but Bryant gives him the grander title Ralph de Hulmo de Wysinguete*.

The Church has very interesting rood screens and more can be seen on The Hungate Roodscreen trails No 2  or on

Allan Barton's website Medieval Art

*taken from: Wellingham was there by John Timpson. Copies available at the back of the church.

The parish is part of the Launditch and Upper Nar Benefice. 

Click here for the Benefice website 

Click here for the Wellingham page 

Team Rector:     Rev'd Miriam Fife

All enquiries should be directed to:

The Team Rector: Rev'd Miriam Fife, The Rectory Litcham Road Great Dunham PE32 2LQ

[email protected] – 01328 700765

Follow us on twitter 

Donate to the church by clicking below to use JustGiving:

Just Giving

For a full list of benefice worship click here and look down the page for the link