About Us

St Mary’s church began life on 30th October 1918 above a 5 stall stable in Boome Street, Blackpool and was initially called “The Loft”, then this closed in 1920 and was replaced by “The Wooden Hut” on Highfield Road, a new mission church that met in a former army hut. As membership increased, more solid foundations were needed and the foundation stone was laid in May 1932 of a larger church building in Stonycroft Avenue, which is our current site. 

Today, we may be a small Anglican community in numbers, but we have a big heart for Jesus and our community. 

Clergy team

Our vicar is Revd Robert Legge and he is supported by our reader, Alan and our PTO, Stuart. 


We have 1 lovely warden - Michelle , and a dedicated team of sides-people who welcome and help people before, during and after the service. Also we have Mary, our server, who helps the vicar with Holy Communion. 


Shirley and Ann are the gifted flower team who create beautiful displays for the church.


To add to our worship each Sunday, there is a small but dedicated choir who rehearse every week to be in fine voice for each Sunday. 


A faithful team of volunteers provide a little light refreshment in the form of tea and coffee along with some delicious biscuits or cakes after the Sunday service in the church hall around the corner.