St Bartholomew, Corsham
This place has been a centre of Christian worship for over one thousand years. There was certainly a Saxon church on this site long before the Normans invaded England in 1066 A.D. It is recorded that William the Conqueror granted the church at Corsham to the Abbey of St. Stephen at Caen in Normandy. The present building dates from the middle of the twelfth century, but there have been many changes and additions since then, ending with a major restoration in Victorian times. Church open during daylight hours - free guide available.