St. Bartholomew is one of 5 Churches in the team ministry. The others are St. Anne (Bowden Hill), St. Cyriac (Lacock), St. John the Baptist (Gastard) and St. Philip and St. James (Neston)
St Bartholomew has been a centre of Christian worship for over one thousand years. There was certainly a Saxon church on this site long before the Normans invaded England in 1066 A.D. It is recorded that William the Conqueror granted the church at Corsham to tbe Abbey of St. Stephen at Caen in Normandy. The present building dates from the middle of the twelfth century, but there have been many changes and additions since then, ending with a major restoration in Victorian times. Read more on our web site (http://www.corshamandlacockchurches.org.uk/).
Where to Find Us
St. Bartholomew’s church is located next to Corsham Court, at the end of Church Street, Corsham (postcode: SN13 0BY). Follow the brown Tourist Information signs to the Court
The owners of Corsham Court kindly allow church visitors to use the square in front of the church for car parking. On dry days, the Avenue (next to the square) is also open for parking. On Sundays, additional parking is available in Church Street and in the surrounding roads without restriction (but do check this yourself). The main car parks in Corsham are a few minutes’ walk away and are—at least at the time of writing—free to use on Sundays.