1. Parish Safeguarding Policy
Safeguarding within the Braydon Brook Benefice
In developing this policy the churches in the Braydon Brook Benefice commits to following the safeguarding policies of the Church of England, safeguarding policy and guidance as issued by the Diocese of Bristol and commits to working within legislation and statutory guidance as related to the Safeguarding of Children, Young People and Adults.
The Braydon Brook Safeguarding policy is currently being revised.
The Safeguarding Officers in the Parish are:
Oaksey – Nick Mangnall
The Safeguarding documents can be found on the Diocese of Bristol Website here:
https://www.bristol.anglican.org/safeguarding-resources/ look under National policies and procedures.
Diocese of Bristol:
• Safeguarding Policy, 2016
• Allegations Management Procedure, 2016
• Ministering to those who may present a risk, 2016
• Safer Recruitment Guidance and Toolkit, 2017
SAFEGUARDING POLICY FOR CHILDREN AND VULNERABLE ADULTS
We are committed to:
o the care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with all adults and children
o the safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
o the establishment of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment, where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
• We will ensure that all those with any responsibility within the Church are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks and that they receive appropriate safeguarding training.
• We will respond without delay to every concern raised which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
• We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him, or her, an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
• We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
• We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
• In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Nick Mangnall: Tel. No. 01666 577982
Our Diocesan Advisor is Adam Bond: Tel. No. 0117 906 0100
Please contact Nick or Adam if you have any concerns relating to child or vulnerable adult protection.
Signed on behalf of Oaksey Parochial Church Council.
Colonel Nicholas Mangnall
Date: 12 April 2018 Review Date: 12 April 2021