St Mary Magdalene's Church, Hayton was built in 1780 on the site of an earlier medieval church. There is a side gallery, and the chancel has been opened up. The nave of the church retains its pews.
Hayton Church is one of the ten churches in the Eden, Gelt and Irthing Team Ministry. In the the north the parishes of Brampton, Irthington, Crosby and Scaleby are served by the Revd Stephen Robertson, the Team Rector. To the south six parishes of Hayton, Talkin, Farlam, Castle Carrock, Cumwhitton and Cumrew are served by the Revd Edward Johnsen, the Team Vicar. The parish of Hayton includes the villages of Fenton, How Mill, Faugh, and the settlement at Edmund Castle.
The Church School next door to the Church has about 160 children, and has recently received an 'outstanding' in its OFSTED.
Services are at 11am every Sunday. Most services are Eucharists (Holy Communion), but one service a month is usually Morning Prayer. For further details including information about the monthly youth groups in Brampton led by Ruth Hutchinson our Network Youth Church Leasder, see the parish website: www.haytonparishchurch.co.uk
During the Coronavirus pandemic there is no public worship but pre-recorded online services can be accessed - email Edward the vicar for further info. Ruth can be contacted about the youth work on [email protected]
On Tuesdays a group meets for half an hour of silent meditation 9.30 - 10am. These meetings are currently suspended during coronavirus pandemic.
On a Monday morning once a month a prayer group meets in the homes of parishioners. During the coronavirus pandemic these meetings continue but without physical gathering - contact Edward the vicar for further info.