We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St Mary Magdalene's Church, Hayton was built in 1780 on the site of an earlier medieval church. There is a side gallery, and the chancel has been opened up. The nave of the church retains its pews.
Hayton Church is one of the ten churches in the Eden, Gelt and Irthing Team Ministry. In the the north the parishes of Brampton, Irthington, Crosby and Scaleby are served bythe Revd Richard Tulloch, the Team Rector. To the south six parishes of Hayton, Talkin, Farlam, Castle Carrock, Cumwhitton and Cumrew are served by the Revd Edward Johnsen, the Team Vicar. The parish of Hayton includes the villages of Fenton, How Mill, Faugh, and the settlement at Edmund Castle.
The Church School next door to the Church has about 170 children, and has recently received an 'outstanding' in its OFSTED. The Church's Sunday School meets in the school hall on the second Sunday of the month at 11am.
Services are at 11am every Sunday. Most services are Eucharists (Holy Communion), but one service a month is usually Morning Prayer. On the fifth Sunday there is also a Prayer Book Communion in the chancel at 8am. For further details including information about the monthly youth groups led by the Team Vicar and meeting in Brampton see the parish website: www.haytonparishchurch.co.uk
On Tuesdays a group meets for half an hour of silent meditation 9.30 - 10am.
On a Monday morning once a month a prayer group meets in the homes of parishioners.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below