Promoting a Safer Church
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk
Our Key Message:
• The welfare of the child, young person and vulnerable adult is at all times paramount, and takes precedence over all other considerations.
• Safeguarding is part of our core faith and an integral feature of Christian life in our parish church.
• The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser will be consulted whenever a safeguarding concern of any kind arises in our parish.
St. Giles' Safeguarding Officer:
Mrs. Rosalind Bell, 01228 522734, e-mail: [email protected]
link to Parish Safeguarding Handbook: https://www.churchofengland.org/media/11842