Promoting a Safer Church
The parish of Orton (St. Giles in Great Orton) is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer, PSOs.
The Diocese of Carlisle’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs.
If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm, please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk
Our Key Message:
• The welfare of the child, young person and vulnerable adult is at all times paramount, and takes precedence over all other considerations.
• Safeguarding is part of our core faith and an integral feature of Christian life in our parish church.
• The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser will be consulted whenever a safeguarding concern of any kind arises in our parish.
St. Giles' Safeguarding Officer:
Ms. Annmarie Pattinson, e-mail: [email protected]
link to Parish Safeguarding Handbook: https://www.churchofengland.org/media/11842