Church of England Diocese of Derby Great Barlow

St Lawrence

Barlow is a friendly church with a warm welcome for all, young and old alike. The Grade 2 listed church is in a large churchyard, open for burials, with rhododendrons and scattered trees. It is a delightful setting for weddings (see church website for more information). There is a fine set of vestments of Roman and Gothic design, with a beautiful purple cope, much used for funerals. The highlight of the year from the village point of view is the service of Blessing of the Wells, held at 6 pm on the Wednesday after St Lawrence's day. 

#FollowTheStar by email or download our app

Sign up to our free daily reflections or download the app to take the life-changing Christmas journey this year.

Christmas at St Lawrence

Discover what’s on offer this Christmas at our church. We’d love you to come and celebrate with us.

Get in touch

Mrs. Julie Ferreday

74a Valley Road, Barlow, Sheffield
01142 890436

Our website

Dickensian Christmas Spectacular

18 Dec 2019, 7 p.m. for 1hr 30m

Hackney Lane
Great Barlow

An evening of music and words

Christmas Carols Christmas Refreshments Family Friendly Mince Pies

Summary of Christmas Services:

25 Nov 2019, 4 p.m.