Church of England Diocese of Derby Charlesworth and Gamesley

St John the Evangelist, (St John's Charlesworth)

St John's Charlesworth

contact the vicar : [email protected]

Follow us on Twitter @StjohnsCharles1   tag us using #StJohnsCharlesworth 

Find us on Facebook: @st.johnschurchcharlesworth

Get in touch

St John the Evangelist

Marple Road Charlesworth Derbyshire SK13 5DA

Our website

Worship and assistance during the COVID crisis

Every Wednesday, Sunday at 10 a.m.

Live streaming to you and in your homes, plus the church building!
St John's Church, Marple Road, Charlesworth, plus your own homes for live streaming of course!

All Church of England church buildings have been closed but we are now taking small recovery steps out of lockdown.
But ‘But Church’ means a community of Christian worshippers and has continued throughout, and we have found new ways to connect with one another remotely even though no services are taking place in church as yet.

On Sunday mornings we have been in our own homes worshipping together while listening to Sunday Worship at 8.10 am on Radio 4, accessible to everyone.
We also now hold Private Prayer 10-11 am on Wednesday mornings

From Sunday 19th July we will start to worship together in church again, although it will feel different under Covid-19 regulations
Morning Prayer 11 am, and under the Covid-19 regulations, our total capacity is capped - but you are assured of a warm welcome.

You will also find us both Facebook ( @st.johnschurchcharlesworth ) and Twitter ( @StjohnsCharles1 ). The St John’s Charlesworth Facebook page carries a short video message each week. …. and do ask for more information.

We are starting by opening for Private Prayer only, from 10-11 am on Wednesday mornings, and hope to be able to open for a form of public worship on Sundays soon, within the Covid -19 restrictions.

The Vicar, the Rev'd Felicity Walters will be happy to hear from you about any matter, as always. (tel. 01457 852431, email: [email protected] )