St Peter's Church in Chellaston
WELCOME TO ST PETER'S CHURCH - HAVE A GOOD LOOK ROUND AND SEE WHAT WE GET UP TO!
'To know Christ and make Christ known'
We live to know and show the love of Jesus to everyone we meet.
We look forward to meeting you in the near future.
The parish of Chellaston: St Peter is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Derby’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services. You will find the contact details on our dedicated safeguarding page.
TO BOOK THE CHURCH HALL: Please see "Booking the Church Hall' for details
*IMPORTANT UPDATES *. From 5th September 2021 until further notice
· Our new service pattern begins on 5th September:First Sunday - 8.30am Book of Common Prayer Holy Communion and 10am All-Together Worship in the Church Hall
Second Sunday - 10am Holy Communion
Third Sunday - 10am Holy Communion
Fourth Sunday - 10am Holy Communion and 6pm Quite Reflective Holy Communion
Fifth Sunday - 10am - excitingly different services!
The 8.30am service on the 1st Sunday and the 10am services on all other Sundays will be Zoomed from Church. Links will go out as usual. If you would like a link to the Zoom service please email:
The Zoom service will be recorded and be available to watch later in the day on YouTube or through this website.
If you are attending church.
· We can accommodate more people now (up to 50). Please continue to book, this will help us ensure that test and trace is still in place. (Please would you indicate when you book if you require a socially distanced seat.)
· Please continue to wear your face covering or mask unless you are medically exempt. This will keep you and others safe.
· Please make use as usual of the hand gel stations on your way in and out.
· There are no restrictions on seating now except in the designated social distancing areas of the South Aisle and the Lady Chapel.
· Holy Communion - please remain is your seat and we will come to you. (It is now possible for us to dip your wafer into the wine and place it in your hand if you are happy for this to happen.)
· We will continue to use the Nave Altar for the time being.
When you leave the building after the service.
· please move away from the door to enable others to leave safely.
· If you stay inside or move outside to chat, please be respectful of others and stand at a safe distance
All the safety guidelines we have put in place will be reviewed regularly to consider whether they are still appropriate and we will keep you informed of these as changes happen.
We are currently reviewing being able to offer refreshments after the 10.00am service.
BAPTISMS, WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS
Due to the size of our building and the challenges with ventilation, in our responsibilities for keeping those attending church safe, until further notice we find it necessary to restrict numbers for these services to 50 adults. Children under 12 will not be counted in this number.
GUIDELINES FOR BOOKING A SEAT AT A CHURCH SERVICE FOR HOLY COMMUNION
It is no longer necessary to book a seat for church services - just come along - socially distanced seats are available for those that prefer this option.
Services will be zoomed from church - if you would like to join in this way please email:[email protected]
The services will be recorded and be available to watch later in the day through YouTube and this website.
Donations towards the work and upkeep of St Peters Church
Support your Parish Church through St Peter's Just Giving page.