The Church of St. John the Baptist was built in 1465 on the site of a previous building which was demolished and became a separate parish in 1866 and is a listed building. The elevation is 305 metres above sea level. It was rebuilt in 1752 by Sir. Walter Blackett with a legacy of £50 from Dr. Hartwell, Rector of Stanhope. The church nave has two aisles and chancel, the clock was added to the building in 1850. The Churchyard is still used, some of the older headstones are also listed.