St Bartholomew's Church. Redmarley D'Abitot
The church stands in the middle of Redmarley village and is the 2nd or even 3rd building to occupy this site, the earliest reference being made to a church here in 1290 AD as mentioned in the Domesday Book. The village of Redmarley D'Abitot was originally in Worcester, it was transferred to Gloucestershire in 1931 and subsequently St. Bartholomew's became part of the Diocese of Gloucester in 1977.
Dedicated to St. Bartholomew it is grade 2 listed with the base of the tower being the oldest part and probably dating back to the original structure of the 13th century.
St. Bartholomew's Church is in a conservation area and is situated in a beautiful, peaceful area with fine views of the Cotswold Hills. In the spring the wild daffodils are a delight as they grow extensively in the church yard. The church tower is a prominent feature of the area and is visible from which ever way one enters the village. The church is both a physical landmark and a hub for the community.