We are a friendly, family orientated church that seeks to serve and act as a Christian witness to the community in which we are privileged to live. Services , usually eucharistic, are held on the first Sunday of the month at 8.30am and on the third Sunday of the month at 9.30 am. There are regular, well supported Bible study and prayer groups in the neighbouring village of Kempsford for those seeking to deepen their understanding of God's word. Our involvement in the village life is diverse from parochial support and care to events including the Village Fete, various musical events and Beating the Parish Bounds.
St. Anne's was designed by G. E. Street and built 1862-64. It is a fine example of G. E. Street's elemental geometry. It is built of stone with a round apse and has a tiled roof with wooden pyramidal lead-covered bellcote. There are three small trefoil-headed lancets in the apse. There is a simple wooden South porch. The interior of the church is simple mostly retaining Street's furnishings. The river Coln runs through the village of Whelford.