Much loved Norman village church with a service every week apart from the 1st Sunday of the month (when there is a benefice service at nearby Holy Ascension, Oddington). There is a Family Service on the 4th Sunday, & families & youth work are high priorities: the benefice has a Families & Youth Work Curate living in Bledington Vicarage. There is also a very regular older congregation who enjoy Prayer Book services of Evening Prayer at 6 (2nd Sunday) & Holy Communion at 8 am (3rd & 5th Sundays - at 9 from November to March). There is a Prayer Group &, independently, a Mothers & Toddlers Group, & the well-established Bledington Care Committee. There are 38 on the Electoral Roll.
History & architecture: St Leonard's dates from 1170: 12th century work includes the nave, pillars, tub font & sanctus bellcote: 13th century south aisle; 14th century windows; 15th century tower, stained glass & tiny Chantry chapel: open bell-chamber & ring of six bells.
The pulpit & vestry screen were made around 1904 by the then churchwarden.
The church is one of around 170 in England dedicated to St Leonard, a 6th century French bishop (friend of Clovis) & later abbot (near Limoges) - prayers to whom were believed to have brought about the safe release of the 12th century Norman crusader Bohemunde, sometime Prince of Antioch.