We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Much loved Norman village church with a service every week (currently excluding the 1st Sunday of each month. Mid-morning services on the 3rd & 4th Sundays cater for families, as this and youth work are high priorities. The benefice now has a Families & Youth Work Curate living in Bledington Vicarage.
There is also a very regular older congregation which enjoys the Prayer Book services at 8 am and 6 pm.
The village has a Prayer Group. Independently there is a Mothers & Toddlers Group, and the well-established Bledington Care Committee.
There are 44 on the Electoral Roll.
History & architecture: St Leonard's dates from 1170: 12th century work includes the nave, pillars, tub font & sanctus bellcote: 13th century south aisle; 14th century windows; 15th century tower, stained glass & tiny Chantry chapel: open bell-chamber & ring of six bells.
The pulpit & vestry screen were made around 1904 by the then churchwarden.
The church is one of around 170 in England dedicated to St Leonard, a 6th century French bishop (friend of Clovis) & later abbot (near Limoges) - prayers to whom were believed to have brought about the safe release of the 12th century Norman crusader Bohemunde, sometime Prince of Antioch.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below